So I am new to blogging and here are 7 things I love about living in Hither Green.
1. It can take 7 minutes to travel from Hither Green station to London Bridge, South Eastern Trains permitting of course.
2. Manor House Gardens, SE12 is a lovely small park that is very well maintained and used.
3. The shops in Staplehurst Road are excellent with a special mention for Bill’s Barbers, Cost Cutter supermarket and H-2-U Chinese takeaway. The barbers in Bills always give me a wave as I go past.
4. I know virtually all my neighbours on at least chatting or nodding terms.
5. I have lived here since 1999 and the area seems to be improving every year.
6. Manor Park, SE13 is a very small park that has the Quaggy River running through it and feels like the countryside in Inner London. I have even seen a Kingfisher fly along the river in the park.
7. My two children (going into Year 3 and Year 9 in September 2014) can walk to school.